Grade 3 Month 3 The Wonder of Shelters
After clothing, humans needed to find/create shelter. Students will explore different types of shelters from long ago for different climates and based on resources.
This purchase is for 1 month of curriculum and includes access to our members-only area with supporting documents, videos, resources and community.
Curriculum Areas/Learning Outcomes
- Stories and other texts help us learn about ourselves, our families, and our communities.
- Curiosity and wonder lead us to new discoveries about ourselves and the world around us.
- Learning about indigenous people nurtures multicultural awareness and respect for diversity.
- People from diverse cultures and societies share some common experience and aspects of life.
- Thermal energy can be produced and transferred.
- Wind, water, and ice change the shape of the land.
This unit will allow for a thorough focus on building up the literacy skills already begun in first and second grade. This year the focus is on the Syllable Phase of literacy. You will find fun games and activities in the lesson plans and Appendix to support your child on this step by step literacy program. The step by step approach helps assure you that all the pathways in the brain have been laid and your child is set up for success in the years to come.