Learn How to Teach the Pentatonic Flute Course
The pentatonic flute is an amazingly versatile instrument. The five note pentatonic scale keeps everything in harmony, so it always sounds good! The pentatonic flute is commonly taught in Waldorf schools in first and second grade. This year-long course is designed for you, the parent, to learn how to bring this beautiful instrument to your children.
This course will teach you:
- How to mindfully assess your child's readiness for the flute
- How to play fun games with your child so they learn proper flute grip and breath control
- How to bring a beautiful story to your child to introduce the flute
- How to sing the songs with your child before you teach them the song on their flutes
- How to teach the 5 notes of the pentatonic scale:
- Benny Bluebird (B)
- Audrey Auk (A)
- Gabe Goose (G)
- Elder Eagle (low E)
- Delicate Dove (high D)
- Emma Eagle (high E)
- Daddy Dove (low D)
- How to teach your child to sing and to play 7 songs
- How to properly care for your flute
- How to troubleshoot the flute
Who is this course for?
This course is not meant for children to take. This course is designed for parents, or teachers to learn how to teach the pentatonic flute to children.
This course includes
- 12 Instructional videos
- Sheet music for each of the 7 songs you will learn
You will need to purchase
- A wooden Choroi Quinta Pentatonic Flute; one for parent/teacher and one for each child.
- Two 30cm long thin wood dowels or chop sticks
- Almond oil