Learn to Teach the Pentatonic Flute
The pentatonic flute is a developmentally appropriate introduction to becoming a musician. The five-note pentatonic scale keeps everything in harmony, so it always sounds good! The pentatonic flute is commonly taught in Waldorf schools in the first and second grades. This year-long course is designed for a parent or class teacher, to learn how to bring this beautiful instrument to children.
This course was created by a Waldorf music teacher with over ten years of experience teaching the pentatonic flute in Waldorf classrooms. She has taught many different kinds of children with great success, and she is ready to teach YOU how to teach your child.
This course will teach you:
- How to mindfully assess your child's readiness for the flute
- How to play fun games with your child so they learn proper flute fingering and breath control
- How to bring a beautiful story to your child to introduce the flute
- How to teach the 5 notes of the pentatonic scale:
- Benny Bluebird (B)
- Audrey Auk (A)
- Gabe Goose (G)
- Elder Eagle (low E)
- Delicate Dove (high D)
- Emma Eagle (high E)
- Daddy Dove (low D)
- How to teach your child to sing and to play 6 songs
- How to properly care for your flute
- How to troubleshoot the flute
Who is this course for?
This course includes
- 12 instructional videos
- Sheet music for each of the 6 original songs you will learn to sing and play
You will need to purchase
- A wooden Choroi Quinta Pentatonic Flute; one for parent/teacher and one for each child.
- Two 30cm long thin wood dowels or chop sticks
- Almond oil