10 Earth Day Actions to Inspire Your Child to Have a Positive Environmental Impact.
Looking for ways to bring awareness about our responsibility to care for the Earth? The following environmental actions are important to do all year round, not just on Earth day. We encourage you to go through the list with your child and choose a few that inspire you. Commit to making them a part of your homeschooling routine. Together we can build a better world for the future.
1. Go for a walk and pick up litter
2. Yes, it's not your own dog's poop, but pick it up anyways if you see it on your walk.
3. Ditch the paper towels, use a cloth instead.
4. Refuse the plastic straw and carry your own reuse-able ones.
5. Donate old clothing and household items to your local thrift stores, free stores or shelters.
6. Buy local, support local businesses and cut down on environmental shipping costs.
7. Choose sustainable products.
8. Grow a garden, even just one pot with a plant on your window sill if you don't have a yard.
9. Always recycle.
10. Try walking or biking instead of driving.
More than 1 billion people now participate in Earth Day activities each year, making it the largest civic observance in the world. For more information, visit www.earthday.org
Leave a Reply.
Explore schedules, rhythms & routines, songs, music, festivals, free play, meals, projects & more to support your homeschooling program.
The Wonder Squad
You might be wondering...
Visit us on Teachers Pay Teachers
© COPYRIGHT 2020. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
Serving your worldwide educational needs from Comox Valley, BC, Canada.